Bioenergy Europe is recruiting a Communications Assistant or Officer to support the external and internal communication of Bioenergy Europe.
Founded in 1990, Bioenergy Europe is a non-profit, Brussels-based international organisation active at EU level. Bioenergy Europe’s primary mission is to develop the market for sustainable bioenergy and ensure favourable business conditions for its members. Bioenergy Europe holds a strong position in the bioenergy sector and brings together approximately 40 national bioenergy associations and over 150 private-sector companies from all over Europe. More information at www.bioenergyeurope.org.
You will work within the Business Development and Membership department of Bioenergy Europe in close collaboration with the graphic designer and under the supervision of the department Director. You will mainly be responsible for the following tasks:
- Promotion: promote all products, events and membership services in various communication channels (mailing, website, social media);
- Communications: edit communication-oriented content (weekly news, annual report, Christmas greetings, etc.);
- Marketing material: contribute to the creation of marketing material (membership brochure, goodies, etc.);
- Website management: manage most of the website content;
- Events: manage partnership with (external) events organisers and organise some Bioenergy Europe events;
- English proofreading: provide English proofreading on some documents;
- Other: provide occasional support to other departments on marketing aspects.
Competencies and skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is essential;
- Master’s degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Communications, Marketing or a related discipline;
- Knowledge of the Joomla and WordPress back-end environment;
- Knowledge of social media communication;
- Knowledge of communication performance monitoring tools;
- Ability to produce clear and persuasive content that is audience-friendly;
- Interest in renewables/bioenergy;
- Pro-active mind-set, excellent organizational and priority management;
- Team player with a positive attitude, sociable and reliable;
- Ability to work in an international/multicultural environment;
What we offer
- Full time job based in Brussels starting as soon as possible;
- 6-month fixed term contract (internship or employee contract following the level of experience) under the Belgian law that will be continued by a longer-term employee contract should the candidate proves good performance;
- Friendly and dynamic working environment.
Applications to be sent here. Interviews will be held remotely or in our office in Brussels. Only the candidates selected for interviews will be notified per email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Discover the different policy areas we are actively working on.
- Working Groups
Our Working Groups are focused decision-making hubs that allow Bioenergy Europe members to discuss policy updates, new technologies and market trends.
Represents the interests of the wood pellect sector to ensure its sustainable developement.Visit the website
Our Certification Schemes
The world-leading, transparent and independent certification scheme for wood pellets. From production to delivery, ENplus® guarantees quality and combat fraud along the entire supply chain.Visit the website
enSURE Compliance with RED II Sustainability Requirements for the Production of Electricity, Heating and Cooling from Biomass.Visit the website
Bioenergy Newsletter subscription confirmation
Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter. You have been added to our distribution list.
- Working Groups